Rain Therapeutics is committed to building a passionate team of core business leaders to execute on our vision to identify, and execute on the development, of novel therapeutic avenues for the treatment of cancer. The personality of Rain will always be focused on entrepreneurs with autonomy to build their respective teams in a flat organizational structure.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the monthly closing and consolidation process as well as the Accounts Payable function. The Accounting Manager assists with Accruals, payroll and interacts frequently with outside auditors as an accounting liaison. The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller
Critical Job Skills:
- Oversees and directs the monthly, quarterly and annual closing process
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Performs quarterly fluctuation analysis on departmental budgets
- Performs monthly analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Assists the Controller in preparing financial reports and fulfilling audit requests
- Develops and distributes internal financial reports
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable and FP&A functions by working with cross functional teams to develop accrual estimates and implementing process improvements.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
- CPA or CPA candidate with 3 to 5 years of public accounting experience preferred
- IPO and Biotech experience is a plus
- Experience in fast paced, start-up environments is preferred; able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape and tight deadlines
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Resourceful and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, project planning skills, and a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with QuickBooks a requirement, NetSuite ERP is a plus