Rain Therapeutics is committed to building a passionate team of core business leaders to execute on our vision to identify, and execute on the development, of novel therapeutic avenues for the treatment of cancer. The personality of Rain will always be focused on entrepreneurs with autonomy to build their respective teams in a flat organizational structure.
The controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
The controller is responsible for establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This includes, but is not limited to, managing processes, financial software, developing standards, Audit, and the development and tracking of budgets and expenses, and analyzing financial information. The Controller will also be critical in coordinating with third party auditors and other accounting functions as part of a potential initial public offering process. The Controller will report directly to the CEO of Rain Therapeutics.
Critical Job Skills:
- Oversees and directs the monthly, quarterly and annual closing process
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Performs quarterly fluctuation analysis on departmental budgets
- Performs monthly analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Assists the Controller in preparing financial reports and fulfilling audit requests
- Develops and distributes internal financial reports
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable and FP&A functions by working with cross functional teams to develop accrual estimates and implementing process improvements.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
- CPA or CPA candidate with 3 to 5 years of public accounting experience preferred
- IPO and Biotech experience is a plus
- Experience in fast paced, start-up environments is preferred; able to work comfortably under pressure, frequently changing landscape and tight deadlines
- A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Resourceful and relentless: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Highly Innovative problem solver possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, project planning skills, and a demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
- Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with QuickBooks a requirement, NetSuite ERP is a plus