Rain Therapeutics is committed to building a passionate team of core business leaders to execute on our vision to identify and execute on the development of novel therapeutic avenues for the treatment of cancer. The personality of Rain will always be focused on entrepreneurs with autonomy to build their respective teams in a flat organizational structure.
The VP, Finance position will serve as a key strategic thought partner to the CEO and senior team, as well as serve as a leader with external constituents. The executive will be responsible for the development and execution of the financial strategy and operations supporting the Company’s business plans. The VP Finance will also play a lead role in positioning the Company to public investors while providing input, advice, and perspective on all significant business decisions. The VP of Finance will lead the Company’s financial operations and ensure the company, the leadership, and the board have a clear understanding of operating performance and risks as it relates to all budgeted and forecasted goals. The VP of Finance will also lead the establishment of financial systems and controls appropriate for a public company.
Rain is seeking an enthusiastic, driven, and diligent executive who is a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who will partner well across all business functions and with corporate partners within the rapidly growing enterprise. The successful candidate will have a stellar work ethic, the flexibility and organizational skills to manage numerous and sometimes competing responsibilities of varying urgency within a fast-paced environment.
The VP of Finance will report to the CEO of Rain Therapeutics or a Chief Financial Officer, if applicable.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant required
- Professional experience within the life sciences / biotechnology sector is required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a senior financial executive with technical experience across finance functions, including accounting, control, forecasting, and managing business collaborations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. Master’s degree, especially an MBA, preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup
- Prior experience with the IPO process and scaling a team for public financial reporting / SEC reporting is strongly preferred
- Experience acting as the chief financial spokesperson to investment community, having already established credibility with Wall Street and the investment community is highly desired
- Broad experience in the structuring and implementing of various financial and business transactions
- Prior experience managing an accounting function in compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements
- Prior experience in investment banking is preferred
- Proven analytical skills combined with the ability to lead external relationships and shepherd the company through its next stage of growth
Qualities for Success:
- Communicate a clear vision for the company, enhancing the company’s credibility with stockholders, financial institutions, and the investment community.
- Advanced financial modeling skill set
- Communicate regularly to institutional investors and analysts with detailed operating insight, credibility, and candor
- Lead, manage and direct all financial affairs of the company to ensure the integrity and compliance of all financial and regulatory reporting, controls, systems, policies, and procedures
- Lead efforts to improve the analytical rigor of the finance team so that business decisions throughout the organization are informed by analytical insight
- Successful oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Very strong presentation skills, including preparation of presentation materials in slide format
- Capability to successfully interact and prepare information regularly for the Board of Directors
Rain Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Rain are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.